Instructions for Online Submission of Registration Application Form
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING & SUBMISSION OF ONLINE APPLICATION FORM FOR REGISTRATION AS AN ARCHITECT WITH COUNCIL OF ARCHITECTURE UNDER THE ARCHITECT ACT, 1972.
(Please use internet explorer for filling the online application form, because chrome browser is not working properly)
Please read the following Instruction carefully before filling up the Application for registration as an Architect under the Architects Act, 1972.
- 1. For submission of Application Form for registration as an Architect, You have to signup/register yourself as an Applicant and for that you have to fill all details i.e. the Email id which would be your login id, year of Admission, other relevant details and subsequently password would be generated by the system and send to you by email.
2. With User ID and Password, you can login with Council’s Website and fill-up Application form in Proper Case and upload your recent color photograph of size 3.5 x 3.5cm upto 10KB (max) and Signatures upto 4 KB (max).
3. After filling up the application take printout of duly filled form.
4. The application form duly signed to send to "The Registrar, Council of Architecture, India Habitat Centre, Core-6A, 1st Floor, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003" enclosing therein requisite documents as per checklist mention below.
5. Correction(s), if any, can be made by the Applicant in the hard copy of Generated/Printed Application form by countersigning at the place of correction before sending to the council.
6. Also note that the printout should be taken on a good quality bond A4 size paper (preferably colored one).
7. Enrollment number i.e., (COA-Six digit Number) is mandatory / as applicable (for admissions from the Academic Year 2008-09 onwards). Please make it sure that the Enrolment number entered should be strictly in format as given in the Enrollment number list as available on the website of the council.
8. Enrolment numbers of the students are already available with the respective Institutions and the same may also be obtained from the website www.coa.gov.in.
9. Documents must be duly attested by a Gazetted Officer or Notary Public / Oath Commissioner or self attested.
10. Documents should be properly stapled with the application form in the same order as provided in the Checklist.
11. Incomplete Application shall not be processed further and no intimation shall be sent in this regard.
12. Each application shall be accompanied by Registration Fee (Non-refundable) of Rs.600/- by way of cash at the counter or by demand draft drawn in favor of "Council of Architecture", payable at New Delhi or alternately the payment can also be made online through login id details. In case of online payment made, amount has been deducted by your bank & status of payment is still showing "Make Payment", Please do not pay again and contact to the COA Office for updation of status of payment.
13. Do remember to press ‘Submit to COA’ Button after making payment online. It ensures that the application form is in order otherwise your application shall not be available for further processing.
14. Council shall not be responsible for loss or mutilation of any original certificate(s)/ Document(s) sent/received by post.
15. In case the final degree/diploma has not been awarded/ issued by the University, applicant may submit the Provisional Certificate/Passing Certificate issued by the competent authority of the University.
16. Please note that provisional degree/certificates shall not be accepted in cases where the final degree/diploma certificate has already been awarded by a University to the applicant's batch.
17. In case of change of surname consequent upon marriage, submit an attested copy of your Marriage Certificate / Gazette Notification from the respective State/Central Government or alternatively, an affidavit executed on a non-Judicial Stamp paper of Rs. 10/-, and fill up your changed name in the form as per the attached document.
18. In cases where first name is also changed upon marriage or name is changed due to reasons other than marriage, only a duly attested copy of the Gazette Notification from respective Central/State Government shall be accepted.
19. Also note that in case of change of name only new name has to be entered under the column provided for otherwise if there is any correction in the details of the name i.e., Name order (First name, Middle name and/or Surname or any correction, the same can be done by cutting and correcting the same at the place but it has to be countersign by the applicant.
Before submitting the duly filled in printed (Hard Copy) application form to the office of COA, please sign the application form at the designated place only i.e. (Signature of Applicant) and insure to attach following self attested documents:-
i) Date of birth certificate/proof
ii) 10+2 or equivalent examination mark-sheet. In case of 10+3 diploma, enclose all semester’s mark-sheet & diploma certificate
iii)Degree or provisional Certificate issued by the Competent Authority. In case the final degree/diploma has not been awarded/ issued by the University, applicant may submit the Provisional Certificate/Passing Certificate issued by the competent authority of the University.
iv) Caste/Category Certificate, if any, applicable.
v) All semester/year’s mark-sheets of the recognised qualification(including Fail/ATKT/Supplementary etc.) for all the semesters / years along with Practical Training certificate, if any. Alternatively, consolidated Marksheet which contains all semesters/years detailed marks.
Please make sure that all documents as required by the Council are submitted along with printout of your online application form for registration duly signed by you. If any application is incomplete in any respect, it shall not be processed further for registration. The processing of an application for registration takes at least one month from the date of receipt of application along with all supporting documents in hard copy.